Translate

Saturday 22 September 2012

OSAS OMOGE BENIN......

Mercy Aigbe Gentry is a a wonderful woman,jovial,kind hearted actress,the little time i spent with her on this interview was a life time experience for me,its was never a dull moment with her,this nollywood actress has come to stay,achieved alot in a little time,she is definately a rare gem.

Names?
Mercy Aigbe-Gentry

Educational background?
St francis primary school maryland. Comprehensive high school maryland, OND in accounting, Ibadan poly, B A in theatre Arts, University of Lagos.

How did you get involved in Acting?
From happenings around me.

When did you start your acting career?
I started acting professionally in the year 2005/2006.

How many movies have you done so far?
Have lost counts,have done well over 60 movies.

How different is it to act in a movie and to act in a theater play?
When you want to act on stage you need to do rehearsals for several weeks or months , before staging the play proper, but actingin a movie takes a day or two days rehearsals before recording, and also acting on stage, you are faced with a live audience, onlike when you are recording a movie where you have only the cast and the crew member of a particular movie on set with you. 

Tell me about an area in which you would like to improve as an actor?
As an actor, Am contented with my act, because as an actor you have to be versatile, and i have been able to a play different character in many movies i have produced.

Do you ever think that you could have done a bit better in any particular role? 
NO

Which has been your favourite character that you have performed?
OSAS

I know you have done a lot of movies,but OSAS OMOGE BENIN is one of my
favorite,what was the inspiration behind the movie?

When i was called up by Wale Adenuga production to featured in papa ajasco, I was scared and happy because that was my first time i will ever acted a comedy film, whenever i was on set, i discover everybody was just laughing anytime i was on set, so that was when i got inspired to produce a comedy movie. My movie OSAS was born out of my desire to be versatile in my field, because that was the first time i will act a comedy movie, OSAS was shot with pidging and yoruba language.I actually wants to reachout to my fans in benin, that is why i decide to produce it.

What lessons are there to be learnt in the movie? 
Believing in ur culture and language, we should not sweep our culture under the carpet, we should learn to strike a balance between our modern language.

How was it like on the set of the movie?
It was not easy because we shot in benin and we have to move our cast and crew down to Lagos, but to God be the glory we succeeded.

How is the acceptance like?
It was awesome.

What do you think about the way movies are produced here in naija,like
new movies every week? 

In terms of production, we are improving.

Where do you get your inspirations from? 
From happenings around me.

What are your strong points as an actor?
Am a proffessional to the core.

What have you learned from the directors that you have worked with
throughout your career? 

Is to be disciplined and and respectful.

What have you learned from your senior actors? 
To take my job serious.

From where have you learned acting?
University of Lagos

What has been your biggest achievement in the field of acting? 
Am still working for my biggest achievement.

Mention about any special recognition or award that you have received
for your acting skills?

Best actress yoruba, by city people award 2009. best yoruba actress afro hollywood award UK 2009,best actress nollywood nomination 2012, best actress yoruba global excellence award 2012.

What kind of roles do you prefer? 
I like playing different characters because it is exciting.

Acting nude in a movie,what is your take on it?
I can never act nude.

What is the hardest part of being a celebrity?
Not having your privacy

Give me a few tips to be a successful actor? 
You have to be hardworking, discipline, God oriented and to be prayerful.

How has married being like? 
Wonderful.

Piracy? 
Piracy is killing our industry.

Words for your fans. 
I love them all because they made me who i am today.

1 comment: